Are you confused about how to login to Campus E-mail, VIP: Vulcan Information Portal, or Desire2Learn (D2L)?
(Note: If you need help accessing library resources, go to: Problems with Off-Campus Access to Library Resources.)
Here's what you need:
- For Campus E-mail or VIP: Vulcan Information Portalyou need:
- Cal U username (first 3 letters of your last name + 4 random numbers)
- Password (The campus gives you a random one for your first login. You should then change it.)
- For Desire2Learnyou need:
- Cal U username (First 3 letters of your last name + 4 random numbers)
- Password (follow directions in the email sent to you, or generate using the "Forgot Password" option in D2L)
Having trouble locating some of this information? Follow these steps for help!
- Do you already have a Cal U username and password? (first 3 letters of your last name + 4 random numbers)
- Yes, but I can't login to my e-mail. Go to Step 4
- No? Continue with Step 2
- Do you already know your Campus Wide ID Number (CWID)?
- Yes? Go to Step 3
- No? Look at the bottom of your acceptance letter.
- How to get your Cal U username and password:
- Go to Get Your Campus Username and Password
- Enter your Campus Wide ID Number (CWID), First Name, Last Name, and 8 digit birthday (mmddyyyy).
- Your Cal U username and a random password will be displayed.
- Use this to login to the campus e-mail.
- You should immediately change your password to something you can remember--but is not easy for someone to guess!
- Don't use actual dictionary words or personal names. Including numbers makes your password stronger.
- Need help changing your password? Go to Step 5.
- If your Cal U username and password are not working (or you have forgotten your password):
- Contact the UTech Help Desk at 724-938-5911 or by e-mail.
- They will reset your account if you cannot remember your password.
- How to change your Cal U e-mail password:
- Go to Check Email
- Login using your Cal U username (first 3 letters of your last name + 4 random numbers)
- In the upper right-hand corner, click on "Options" > "Change Your Password" > and enter the information.
- Click on the "Save" button (lower right-hand corner).