Did you know: That you don't have to find your own books in the shelves? That the library will get them for you?
It's true! You can go online and request to have library materials pulled from the shelves so you can pick them up at the Circulation/Reserve Desk.
We call this our "Item Retrieval Request Service." Here's how to use it:
- Go to PILOT: Cal U Library Catalog
- Search for an item
- View the record display for the particular item
- Click on Hold/Item Retrieval Request link in the menu at the top of the screen
- Type in your CalCard number and last name, then click the Login button
- From the drop down menu select Item Retrieval Request, then click the OK button
- Enter your CalCardnumber—again (sorry!)
- If you are a Distance Learning Student: Make sure to type in the Comment field, something like: "I am a Distance Learning Student."
- Click the Submit Request button
On-Campus Users: The library will retrieve your book (or other item) from the shelves and have it available for you to pick up at the Circulation/Reserve Desk within 24 hours (48 hours on weekends).
Distance Learning Users: The library will mail your items to you.
- If you do not pick up your book in three (3) days, we will return it to the shelves.
- Don't confuse Item Retrieval Request Service with the Bookbag feature in PILOT. Bookbag simply saves your items for later viewing.
If you have any questions, please contact Barbara Sabo.