Library Resources: Searches
Use these links to search the Manderino Library catalog for books...
- about the Appalachian Region (not limited to Northern Appalachia)
- about Appalchians (as a people)
- authored by John E. Bodnar (ethnic groups and immigration)
- authored by Joe William Trotter, Jr. (African-American experience)
For more information, try these Google searches...
- Google Books for "Northern Appalachia" (quotation marks help!)
- Google Scholar for "Northern Appalachia" (finds articles, especially on scientific aspects)
To narrow your Google searches, run the search and then add another concept, like steel, coal, immigration, etc.
Oral History of Northern Appalachia
Appalachian Region: Map of Subregions
Library Resources: Non-Fiction
The following books are specifically recommended.
EBSCO e-book edition
Counties in Northern Appalachia
Maryland: Allegany, Garrett, and Washington
New York: Allegany, Broome, Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Chemung, Chenango, Cortland, Delaware, Otsego, Schoharie, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, and Tompkins
Ohio: Ashtabula, Belmont, Carroll, Columbiana, Coshocton, Guernsey, Harrison, Holmes, Jefferson, Mahoning, Muskingum, Trumbull, and Tuscarawas
Pennsylvania: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Bradford, Butler, Cambria, Cameron, Carbon, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Clinton, Columbia, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Fulton, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Juniata, Lackawanna, Lawrence, Luzerne, Lycoming, McKean, Mercer, Mifflin, Monroe, Montour, Northumberland, Perry, Pike, Potter, Schuylkill, Snyder, Somerset, Sullivan, Susquehanna, Tioga, Union, Venango, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Westmoreland, and Wyoming
West Virginia: Brooke, Hancock, Ohio, and Marshall