Rules and Regulations for the Puppy Party:
1. No aggressive animals.
2. Dogs only at this time.
3. Attend at your own risk. California University of Pennsylvania and Manderino Library will not be liable for any injury to persons or animals.
4. Dogs must be leashed at all times.
5. Pick up after your pet.
6. Animals (except licensed services animals) are not permitted inside the building. The Puppy Party will be held, weather permitting, outside the building.
7. Non-owners are welcome to attend. Please ask owner permission before approaching any animals.
In consideration for You, and any Minor Child or Dog accompanying You being permitted to participate in "BYOD Puppy Party" (the "Event"), You must agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. I understand that participation in the Event may result in personal injuries, including illness or death, or property damages, both foreseeable and unforeseeable, to Me or any Minor Child or Dog accompanying Me, and I assume any and all risk for such personal injuries, including illness or death, or property damages sustained by Me or any Minor Child or Dog accompanying Me.
2. I agree, for Myself, any Minor Child accompanying me to the Event, and all of our respective heirs, legatees, executors, administrators, successors and assigns, or anyone acting on our behalf ("Releasors"), to forever waive, release, and discharge California University of Pennsylvania, Manderino Library, and all of their respective entities, officers, directors, employees, agents, officials, partners, managers and shareholders (together the "Released Parties"), from any and all claims, demands, causes of action, proceedings, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (in all cases including reasonable attorney's fees), of any kind or nature, that relate to or arise in any way from attendance at or participation in the Event by Me or any Minor Child or Dog accompanying Me ("Claims"). I further covenant not to sue or otherwise pursue any form of recovery or legal action, including arbitration, against any of the Released Parties and arising from or relating to any Claim.
3. I agree that I am solely responsible for any claim for personal injury, injury to a Dog, or property damage made by any third-party and based in whole or in part on My, my Minor Child's, or my Dog's attendance at or participation in the Event ("Third-Party Claims"). In particular, I agree to pay all cleaning or repair costs resulting from any damage to California University of Pennsylvania caused by my Dog. I further agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless any of the Released Parties from any allegation, action, or lawsuit brought against any of the Released Parties by a third-party and based in whole or in part on a Third-Party Claim(s).
4. I represent that any Dog accompanying me to the Event is: (a) in good health as of the Event date; (b) has current vaccinations (rabies and distemper/parvo) and will provide proof upon request; (c) is trained not to engage in behaviors that could result in damage to person, other dogs or property; and (d) does not have any prior history of causing harm to persons, other dogs or property.
5. I agree that I will promptly remove my Dog from the Event if I am unable to reasonably control its behavior. I understand and agree that Manderino Library employees shall have sole discretion to decide whether: (a) to admit Me, or any Minor Child or Dog accompanying me; (b) to limit or restrict participation in the Event by Me, or any Minor Child or Dog accompanying me; or (c) to eject Me, and any Minor Child or Dog accompanying me from the Event. I further understand and agree that I am not entitled to any compensation or other recourse resulting from any decision or action made by California University of Pennsylvania or its employees and agents under this paragraph.
6. I agree that in case of emergency, California University of Pennsylvania and its employees or agents may authorize necessary treatment for Me, or any Minor Child or Dog accompanying me to the Event, to the greatest extent permitted by law.
7. I agree to abide by all the rules and instructions given to me orally or in writing before or during the event by California University of Pennsylvania or its employees and agents.
By participating in this Event, I acknowledge and agree to all of the Terms and Conditions above, including but not limited to the WAIVER OF LIABILITY in paragraph 2.