Louis L. Manderino Library
EZBorrow: What is it?
EZBorrow lets you:
- Search for books in the libraries of more than 50 colleges and universities in PA, WV, NY, and NJ. Institutions include: Pitt, CMU, Penn State, WVU, Drexel, UPenn, Rutgers, NYU, etc.
- Easily request that books from these libraries be sent to you here at Cal U (for pickup in the Library).
What CAN be requested through EZBorrow?
- Books that are held in a library's general circulating collection.
What canNOT be requested through EZBorrow?
- Articles from journals, magazines, newspapers, etc.
- Audio-visual materials (CDs, DVDs, etc.)
- Reference books and other non-circulating library materials.
How long does it take to get a book from EZBorrow?
- Most items will be available for pick up at the Circulation Desk within 5 days of the date you placed your request.
What is is the loan period for EZBorrow books?
Who is allowed to use EZBorrow?
- Students, faculty, and staff at California University of Pennsylvania.
What if I can't find what I'm looking for in EZBorrow?
- If EZBorrow does not have the book you are looking for, you can use our regular Interlibrary Loan Book Form to have the library search for a copy that you can borrow.
How Do I Use EZBorrow?
How do I use EZBorrow?
- Go to EZBorrow. You can find this link in various places on the library's Web site, e.g.:
- Library's home page: mouseover "Frequently Used Resources"
- A-Z List of Library Resources: "E" > Subscriptions Resources
- PILOT: Cal U's Library Catalog: in the header and footer links
- Enter your search terms.
- This will do a Simple Search.
- To get more search options, choose Advanced Search.
- Are sorted by relevance. You can change this to another sort order.
- You can limit your results by Source (institution), Subject, or Author using the links on the right.
- To Request an item:
- Click on the Request button.
- Log in by choosing your institution. Enter your username (without the @calu.edu) and password.
- Select a Pickup Location ("Circulation Desk")
- Optionally add a date needed by, volume(s) need, note.
- Once you click confirm request, you have requested the item!
- You cannot request an electronic book.
- You will get three emails:
- Confirmation that you placed your request.
- Word that your book has left the lending library.
- Announcement that your book is now at the Circulation Desk at Manderino Library.
This site is maintained by Carol Jones, Library Information Systems Administrator.
© California University of Pennsylvania, 250 University Ave, California, PA 15419, All Rights Reserved.