Louis L. Manderino Library
Item Retrieval Request Service
Did you know: That you don't have to find your own books in the shelves? That the library will get them for you?
It's true! You can go online and request to have library materials pulled from the shelves so you can pick them up at the Borrowing/Reserve Desk.
We call this our "Item Retrieval Request Service." Here's how to use it:
- Go to the Library Catalog
- Search for an item
- View the record display for the particular item
- Click on the Sign in link in the yellow bar in the middle of the screen
- Select one of the login options on the popup window
- Enter your login information
- Look for REQUEST OPTIONS and click on the Request link
- Complete the popup form.
- If you are a Distance Learning Student: Make sure you use the Comment field to alert the library that you are not on-campus. Say something like: "I am a Distance Learning Student."
- Click the Request button
On-Campus Users: The library will retrieve your book (or other item) from the shelves and have it available for you to pick up at the Borrowing/Reserve Desk within 24 hours (48 hours on weekends). If you do not pick up your book in three (3) days, we will return it to the shelves.
Distance Learning Users: The library will mail your items to you.
This site is maintained by Loring Prest, Library Webmaster and Carol Jones, Library Information Systems Administrator.
© California University of Pennsylvania, 250 University Ave, California, PA 15419, All Rights Reserved.