Lumen Learning is offering to assist with the rapid transition faculty are making to online learning. Their courseware is designed to help students succeed in digital environments, and their catalog includes 50+ general education subjects. They are taking the following steps to help instructors get students through this term successfully:
- Making their courseware, Waymaker and OHM, available at no cost for courses currently in session. For faculty members seeking a well-designed digital alternative or a supplement to their current textbook, Lumen Learning courseware may be a good fit. Course set-up is simple, and faculty can be ready to teach the same day they make the change. Lumin Learning will also provide free services to support a successful transition (Learn More).
- To support professional development, Lumen Learning offers Resources: Teaching with Lumen Courseware, and is introducing a series of short videos about effective digital teaching and learning using Lumen courseware. They will be available at the Lumen blog, What's New with Lumen. Topics include:
- Setting up your course in the LMS
- Engaging students in virtual environments
- Staying connected to students at a distance
- Helping students become self-directed learners
Lumen’s Support Team is available to assist with any needs and answer questions for faculty, instructional designers, LMS administrators, and others working with faculty as they switch modalities using Lumen courseware. Contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an Office Hours appointment for live virtual support.